Akara: Lands of Chaos
Sanity is a new ability score used in the Akara campaign. Sanity in Akara reflects level-headedness or mental hardiness in the face of overwhelming horrors beyond reason or insane circumstances.
Sanity is an additional stat, roll 3d6 along with the other stats to determine your Sanity score.
Sanity checks are made to:
- Discover lore about alien creatures
- Decipher abhorrently alien or mad writings
- Overcome the effects of madness
- Comprehend never-before-seen magic or magic-like effects
- Resist Fear or Horror in the face of an overwhelming threat
- Resist Fear or Horror in response to the absolute disregard for what should be possible.